Senior Digital Project Manager
Affinity Creative is an independent agency that strives to create a collaborative, lighthearted, ego-free culture that breeds partnership and creative ambition — where different backgrounds, perspectives and approaches are welcomed and appreciated.
Our Digital Studio Team of designers, developers, copywriters, strategists, videographers and photographers work remotely, but as a single integrated team. We’re looking for someone to play a critical role on our team: a Senior Digital Project Manager to lead and manage the team’s activities and deliverables, ensuring that they’re completed on time, on budget and in alignment with the client’s strategic business goals.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Who you are…
You’re comfortable overseeing interactive projects — digital campaigns, video and photography, websites — and leading project teams to produce excellent digital solutions rooted in an understanding of client needs and program objectives.
You’re able to drive and motivate a project team to create great experiences. You’re well versed in digital experience, best practices and project management methodologies and understand how and when to apply them.
You can work independently when necessary and are able to drive every phase of the project lifecycle and work successfully with clients, strategists, designers and developers.
You’re highly organized, a natural leader who can mentor more junior members of the team.
You’re able to build and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues and clients who aren’t in the same time zone, let alone the same room.
From concept to code, you’re able to manage, anticipate and influence what is needed to keep projects moving forward.
You’re looking for a team-oriented, supportive, fast-paced environment that requires a positive and confident attitude. Oh, and a sense of humor goes a long way around here.
What you’ll do…
- Manage multiple projects, concurrent timelines and competing priorities to help ensure a smooth flow of work through the studio
- Schedule project teams, assign tasks, motivate team, track progress and report status
- Serve as the main day-to-day point of contact for clients and manage internal and external communications, including kick-offs and regular status meetings
- Serve as an escalation point and liaison between client and delivery team to communicate client goals and objectives in the form of actionable tasks and deliverables
- Track budgets, profitability and financial reporting to avoid and/or resolve scope creep, budget overages and efficiency issues
- Forecast and allocate resources for current and upcoming project needs
- Manage project schedules, including development and maintenance of comprehensive task list, dependencies and milestones and review meetings
- Manage project scopes including development of Statement of Work, documentation of project requirements and objectives and change requests and their impacts on schedule and budget
- Manage project financials including initial estimates, proposals and budgets
- Maintain close communications with accounting department to stay current on project billing and provide information necessary to project and capture revenue
- Manage project resources within a matrix organization, partnering with department heads to assign resources that are shared among multiple projects, clients and project managers
- Proactively manage project risk and anticipate potential bottlenecks and pinch points — and adjust schedules accordingly
- Manage trade-offs between scope, quality, time and cost
- Mentor and train project managers
What you’ll need…
- Minimum 3–5 years relevant project management experience in the execution and management of digital creative and websites — preferably agency side
- Strong client management & relationship building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to assemble and present information clearly
- Experience working cross-functionally with a distributed (remote) team of strategists, designers, developers, copywriters and other disciplines
- Ecommerce experience
- A strong understanding of how digital products are planned and built
- The ability to establish, track and report essential metrics and KPIs to serve as proof points of value-added agency services
- Strong problem solving, organizational and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional multitasking and context-switching abilities
- Experience with project management tools & methodologies
- Working knowledge of WordPress and/or other website publishing platforms
- Familiarity with the wine industry a plus
- Extra points for experience with Wrike project management software
Who we are…
Affinity Creative Group is an award-winning multidisciplinary agency that connects brands with their audiences across channels and essential consumer touchpoints. Our mission is to stir the imagination of our clients and their consumers through beautiful design and engaging marketing strategies and experiences — and have fun doing it.
Why You’ll Love Working With Us…
- We’re passionate and collaborative, striving to do our best work and grow personally and professionally every day
- We’re fully remote, but you’re always welcome at the office
- Unique location in Mare Island’s “Officers’ Row” mansions — gorgeous surroundings, original finishes, not a cubicle in sight, with our very own tiki bar in the backyard
- Laidback, diverse, family-friendly team culture (office dogs always welcome)
- Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, drinks and coffee (and an abundance of wine)
- Seasonal backyard BBQs, company-sponsored happy hours and outings
- Flexible hours, generous PTO, discretionary performance-based bonuses, opportunities for travel
- Company-sponsored Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with matching contribution
We believe strongly that diversity is one of our greatest strengths. So, in considering whether Affinity is the right place for you, know that we care only that you’re qualified to do the job, have a good work ethic and attitude and want to be here. Those are the criteria we’ll be assessing in every candidate.
Affinity is an an equal opportunity employer who recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected status.
Please send an email with the subject line “Sr Digital Project Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your resume
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
- Your expected salary
- The achievement you’re proudest of as a project manager
- Something else you want us to know about you